Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Family Portraits with Maya









I am currently developing a project on nannies and domestic workers in collaboration with Domestic Workers United, an organization fighting for a Bill of Rights which would demand basic worker protections like sick pay, health care coverage, severance pay, and overtime pay. Maya is the full time nanny for the family that baby-sit for and she has graciously let me follow her with my camera when she is nannying. This past weekend I went to her home in Woodside, Queens to take some family portraits for her as a thank you for all of her help. She fed me the best Tibetan food and I had such a great time with her two adorable kids Tenzin and Yang-Duin (who have their own babysitter while she takes care of three kids in manhattan).

I will share shots of the Nanny project, but here are some of the family shots...

No comments:

Post a Comment